What is Comprehensive Planning?
- The comprehensive plan, also known as a general plan, master plan or land use plan, is a document designed to guide the future actions of a community. It presents a vision for the future; with long-range goals and objectives.
- Planning helps to ensure that future land use and growth is consistent with the vision the citizens of the township have on important issues.
- Not a Zoning Ordinance or Subdivision Regulations
- Planning is important and has an impact on Quality of Life.
- Planning is an organized way to anticipate and shape changes for the benefit of the community.
- To form a good basis for plan implementation – design guidelines, funding and capital improvements programming.
- A well planned community is attractive, has reasonable taxes/fees, adequate public services, and is a good place to live and work.